maandag 17 januari 2022

My Favorite Things - Excel at Hanging Out

 Hello all,

Today i'm back with a project I made for My Favorite Things. This time I decided to play along with this month CASology challenge with the que word "Renew". Vandaag ben ik terug met een blogpost voor My Favorite Things. Deze keer besloot ik mee te doen met de CASology challenge met het woord van de maand "Renew".
This Challenge had me really thinking because if you search for the word "Renew" on Pinterest the first thing that pops up are couples renewing their vows. Well that is not the theme I wanted to create for so I thought a bit longer. With friendships being on a stretch with Covid and with the New Year starting I figured I could combine the theme and create a card where Friendship is being the main theme and the cats are also hanging/ do exercises.

De Challenge van deze maand zette me echt wel aan het denken aangezien het woord "Renew" op Pinterest je kaarten oplevert van mensen die opnieuw hun trouwgeloftes aan elkaar doen. Dat is niet het thema waar ik voor wilde gaan dus ik dacht nog even langer na. Met vriendschappen die moeilijker zijn om te onderhouden nu met Corona en met het Nieuwe haar wat gestart is, dacht ik dat goede voornemens om te sporten wel een leuke combinatie zou zijn. Ik maakte daarom ook een kaart met beide thema's.
So for my card I cut a Smooth White topfold basecard. For 3/4 of the card I added some pattern paper out of the Tiny Check Paper Pad. Stamped the images out of the BB I Knead You twice and colored them up using my Copic markers. Voor mijn kaart sneed ik een topfold Smooth White basiskaart. Plakte op 3/4 van de kaart designpapier uit de Tiny Check Paper Pad. Stempelde de afbeeldingen uit de BB I Knead You twee keer en kleurde ze in met mijn Copic markers.

Die cut each of one image using the matching Die-Namics and die cut two more out of plain Smooth White cardstock. Stamped the sentiment from the Sassy Pants Best Friends on some Smooth White and trimmed it down so it would fit the card and in between the paws of the cats. Stanste de één van elke kat één keer uit met de bijpassende stansen, daarnaast stanste ik ook twee keer dezelfde stans uit Smooth White. Stempelde de tekst uit de Sassy Pants Best Friends op Smooth White cardstock en sneed het tot een banner zodat hij op de kaart paste en tussen de poten van de katten.
Out of the other colored images, I cut the top paws using my sciccors. Cut the main images in half so I could cut the bottom paws slightly so the could go onto the sentiments strip. Glued the two different parts on the Smooth White die cut and glued it including the sentiment strip onto the main card. Finished of adding the toppaws on to the main card. Van de andere gekleurde afbeeling, knipte ik de bovenste poten. Knipte de hoofd afbeeldingen in tweeën en knipte de onderste poten zo in dat ze om de tekst heen konden. Plakte de twee helften op de Smooth White katten en plakte alles op de basiskaart. Werkte de kaart af door de bovenste poten als laatste op te plakken. 

Used Copic Colors:
Brown Cat - E57, E55, E53, E51, E50; R22, R20
Gray Cat - C5, C3, C1, C0, C00; R22, R20

If you need to be even more inspired after this post make sure to have a look over at My Favorite Things Youtube ChannelWanneer je na deze post nog wat meer ideeen nodig heb neem dan even een kijkje op het Youtube kanaal van My Favorite Things.

Thanks for hopping by!
Greets, Marieke

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Te cute gewoon al ben ik meer een honden mens

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. great way to look at the challenge and love how these guys are really hanging out! Super colouring and love that fun background. Thanks for joining CASology x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen